Forbes Publishes First-Ever List of Crypto Tycoons
Nineteen crypto players qualified with a net worth estimated at more than USD 350 million.
The magazine calculated the net worth of crypto moguls based on estimated holdings of virtual currencies, post-tax profits from crypto trading and stakes in crypto-related businesses. The dollar calculations were made using prices on 19 January 2018.
The list features five groups of crypto-moguls: "idealists, builders, opportunists, infrastructure players and establishment investors".
One of the requirements to appear in the list, containing 19 people, is a net worth of over USD 350 million.
An interesting statistics is that the average age of the crypto rich is 42 years, well below the 67 years for the list of the 400 wealthiest Americans.
Below is the list of cryptocurrency royalties, presented as "Prophets of Boom", an their estimated net worth:
- Chris Larsen (Co-founder of Ripple) - USD 7.5-8 billion
- Joseph Lubin (Co-founder of Ethereum / Founder of Consensys) - USD 1-5 billion
- Changpeng Zhao (CEO of Binance) - USD 1.1-2 billion
- Cameron & Tyler Winklevoss (Co-founders of Winklevoss Capital) - USD 0.9 – 1.1 billion
- Matthew Mellon (Independent Investor) - USD 0.9-1 billion
- Brian Armstrong (CEO of Coinbase) - USD 0.9-1 billion
- Matthew Roszak (Co-founder of Bloq / Founder of Tally Capital) - USD 0.9-1 billion
- Anthony Di Iorio (Co-founder of Ethereum / Founder of Jaxx and Decentral) - USD 0.75-1 billion
- Brock Pierce (Chairman of Bitcoin Foundation / Advisor at Block.one) - USD 0.7-1 billion
- Michael Novogratz (CEO of Galaxy Digital) - USD 0.7-1 billion
- Brendan Blumer - (CEO of Block.one) - USD 0.6-0.7 billion
- Dan Larimer - (CTO of Block.one) - USD 0.6-0.7 billion
- Valery Vavilov (CEO of Bitfury) - USD 0.5-0.7 billion
- Charles Hoskinson (Co-founder of Ethereum / IOHK) - USD 0.5-0.6 billion
- Brad Garlinghouse (CEO of Ripple) - USD 0.4-0.5 billion
- Barry Silbert (CEO of Digital Currency Group) - USD 0.4-0.5 billion
- Vitalik Buterin (Creator of Ethereum) - USD 0.4-0.5 billion
- Tim Draper (Founder of Draper Associates) - USD 0.35-0.5 billion
- Song Chi-Hyung (CEO of Chi-Hyung) - USD 0.35-0.5 billion
Singapore’s C-bank Partners with Deloitte, Nasdaq for Blockchain Settlement Platform24 August
Huobi Group Launches Institutional Trading Service15 August | by Nina Dimitrova
Newly Launched Blockchain Project Ontology Rolls Out Wallet Supporting ONT, ONG10 August | by Nina Dimitrova
ShapeShift Crypto Exchange Buys US Startup Bitfract09 August | by Nina Dimitrova
Bitmain Invests $3 Million in BCH Blockchain Ad Startup tribeOS08 August | by Nina Dimitrova
Robinhood Launches Ether Classic Trading Ahead of Coinbase07 August | by Nina Dimitrova